The Elektrohaus Elbs brings electric light to the turn of the century
In 1900, Elbs received approval from Freiburg’s “laudable city council” to install electrical systems. As a result, he installed the “cold” electric light in many townhouses, workshops, and clinics in the city. The year 1918 brought the end of the First World War. Elbs successfully bridged the post-war years and inflation with privations, but with minor electrical work.
After this era, the business flourished again, and Elbs produced equipment for scientific institutes in many countries. In addition to this, he developed electric heaters for churches and fully automatic blackout systems for lecture halls.